HomeUncategorizedDavid C. Scott Nuclear Tampering CHD 4-30

David C. Scott Nuclear Tampering CHD 4-30

My Biography

I am Technical Sgt. David C. Scott, U.S. Air Force Security Police, retired. At the time of the sighting, I was an airman first class, with a secret security clearance and was assigned to Alpha Flight, 91st Missile Security Squadron, SAC Minot AFT, ND.

Sighting Report Alpha Launch Facility Minot AFTB ND (SAC)
November, 1974

It was after midnight when Grey, a member of my Security Alert Team and I were dispatched from Alpha L.C.F. (Launch Control Facility) to an alarm situation at one of our 10 Minute Man nuclear missile sites, “Probably just another jack rabbit setting off an Outer Zone Alarm”, we thought.

As we drove there, Grey spotted a strange light in the night sky, and called it to my attention. It appeared to be about the size of the stars in the sky but was pulsating a red color.

We checked the site and found everything secure, Grey said that the strange light had gotten bigger and acted weird when I was below. Then we parked our vehicle off site to wait for the alarm system to re-set and the order which would allow us to leave the area. Now the strange light in the sky was pulsating and changing color in the sequence red, blue, and yellow. Suddenly our radio went dead and the idling engine of our vehicle quit.

Grey and I sat there and on guard for 45 minutes, protecting our missile site. He wondered aloud if the strange light hovering overhead could be a UFO.

When the light changed to white pulsated three times and in quick succession, it disappeared and our engine came to life as the radio also came back on. As it did Sergeant Hicks, our Flight Security Controller called, ordering us back to Alpha 1 (LCF). All alarms had reset properly back at the missile site.

We arrived back at the Alpha 1 (LCF) a little after 0300 hours we reported our story to Sergeant Hicks about the strange light. We wanted to convince hm that we had not fallen asleep on post. He said, “I believe you, men”.

Then Sgt. Hicks hit us with a bombshell! All Minuteman nuclear missile site alarms in our wing had sounded simultaneously. Many Security Police/Security Alert teams reported seeing the strange lights, which Grey and I saw, and they too lost radio communications and vehicle power.

“You know what I think?” Grey asked. “I think it was a UFO.” Sgt. Hicks just nodded.

I ventured, “Should we report it? Grey and I aren’t lying. We’ll write statements.”

Grey signaled his agreement with a nod.

Sgt. Hicks, said “Why stir up a lot of trouble? The official Air Force position is that UFO’s don’t even exist. Let’s just drop it unless you two want to get laughed out of service.”

A few nights later in the S.P. barracks of Minot AFB, ND, I was listening to a news broadcast from a Winnipeg, Canada, radio station. The announcer read the story of an incident, which had occurred just a few nights before. Fighter planes of the Canadian Air Force would release a report on the incident May, 1975, but the day came and went without any officially recognized that event.


David D. Schindele N
Peter B. Davenport,
Rate This Article:


Skip to toolbar